Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches
Monday, February 4, 2008
Getting in the groove
The past two and half weeks, we've been adjusting to our new world. I always said that having a dog was a tiny step towards having a child, but I was SO wrong. :) There is just no comparison for the amount of attention that a dog needs to that a baby needs. Granted, I have probably held Connor more so far than was necessary, but he's just so precious that I don't want to put him down. For the first two weeks after we came home, my parents came to stay with us and help us out. While we are trying to figure out how to take care of Connor, my parents were a HUGE help with keeping up with everything else around the house like cooking, cleaning, taking care of the pets and running errands (shopping). They also provided a place for me to leave Connor when I needed to do things like shower, change clothes and brush my teeth...you know, the basic things that you just can't do with a baby in your arms. My parents left last Friday and Brad's Mom is now here for two weeks, so we'll have a full month of help while we figure it all out. Now that I'm feeling better, we are starting to get into the groove with a routine and I'm learning to manage during the day while Brad is at work. When he's home, we make quite a good team in taking care of Connor, but we both have to learn how to do it alone as well...so might as well start now. I took my first trip without Brad (with Connor) today. His Mom went with me, but I wanted to do what I could on my own. We went to Target and it all went well except I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to actually carry things in the store while also pushing the stroller. I'm guessing that car seats fit in the carts, but I forgot to try that today. I pushed the stroller while Marilyn pushed the cart. I'm going to have to ask friends/family how to shop with a baby. :) Any feedback here is welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like...
- AUGUST 2010
- snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
- Gorgilla = Gorilla
- Oppopus = Octopus
No comments:
Post a Comment