Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches

Monday, February 11, 2008

Changes


Sometimes it is hard to notice gradual changes in appearance when you see someone a lot, but I have been noticing a few changes in Connor since we brought him home from the hospital. It's amazing that there can be such a big difference in diapers that are "newborn" sized, but we found that the ones that the hospital used (Pampers Swaddlers) were significantly smaller than Huggies and that the Huggies were way too large. At almost four weeks (and hundreds of diapers later), Connor is starting to grow out of the newborn Pampers and into the Huggies. He has also started to grow some new hair on the back of his head that is a little lighter and seems to be finer. As I have been nursing, I've watched his eyelashes and eyebrows come in and I've also noticed his face fill out and those precious chubby cheeks develop (with a dimple on the right). In addition to physical changes, Connor has also started to stay awake a little more during the day. We've been making sure he learns to be happy in different places like the swing and bed to make sure he doesn't think he needs to be held all of the time. He's been doing great, but he does need his "paci" to be content most of the time he's awake.

No comments:

Sounds like...

  • AUGUST 2010
  • snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
  • Gorgilla = Gorilla
  • Oppopus = Octopus