Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Patch


Last weekend we took Connor to his very first Pumpkin Patch. When someone mentioned going to a pumpkin patch, I envisioned just a field with a lot of pumpkins to choose from. Until I looked at the recommended location online, I had no idea there would be so many different types of entertainment. Once I saw what was there, I knew Connor would have fun so Brad and I took him. After letting Connor jump in the bounce house, we went into the pumpkin field to find the perfect pumpkin. Brad and I had never bought a pumpkin together before, but it seems we had the same idea about what we were looking for. We would choose one, compare it to another, make a choice, compare that one to another, and so on until we found one that we both felt was perfect. What I forgot to mention is that they had little red wagons available to haul pumpkins (and kids) around, but we didn't think about getting one at the front. We had been lingering in the same area, towards the back of the pumpkin patch for a while and a wagon with two pumpkins had been sitting there for a long time. We looked around to see if anyone seemed to care that we approached it and nothing. So we decided that someone had left it and we took out the other pumpkins and put ours in and we went on our way. After we had the perfect one, we decided to check out the rest of the festivities.


There was an area that had a lot of wooden cutouts of familiar children's characters, so we parked the wagon in what seemed to be an obvious "don't take this" zone and went running around. Connor happily made his way around to all of the characters sharing hugs. A few special characters, like Barney, received more than one! It was interesting to see him run up to Mickey and give him a hug, after the traumatic experience at Disney World but I guess by the time he reached Mickey he knew these were not "alive".



After we had been away from the wagon for a little while, Brad checked and confirmed that it was still there. But by the time we got done letting Connor give hugs...it was GONE! Not just the wagon, but the pumpkin too!  I was so bummed. This was the first time we've ever looked for a pumpkin and I felt we found the perfect one, and it was gone. As we made our way back to and through the pumpkin patch, of course I looked in all of the wagons to see if I could find it. Yes...I would have recognized it and yes...I would have asked where they found the wagon. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to ask so we had to find the next best pumpkin. We are pretty happy with the one we got and we decided not to get messy until Connor can appreciate it, so we just drew a face with a marker instead of carving this year. I'm sure Connor will enjoy sticking his hands into the ooey gooey stuff next year.

No comments:

Sounds like...

  • AUGUST 2010
  • snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
  • Gorgilla = Gorilla
  • Oppopus = Octopus