Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Graduating to the Nursery
I was getting into bed the other night when I checked on Connor, who was sleeping in his bassinet. I just happened to be watching when he rolled up and over his sleep wedge (designed to prevent him from rolling over on his face) and face down in between the side of the bassinet and the wedge. He couldn't seem to move. It freaked me out for a second. I picked him up and repositioned him face up in his wedge, while I thought about how to tell Renee. Eventually she came to bed. And I just told her. So she started freaking out. We thought about ways to prevent him from rolling up and over like he just did, or from rolling at all. We decided that now was the time to officially move him to his crib in the nursery. That same night, Renee was a trooper and slept on the floor in the nursery, while frequently checking on Connor. The next night, I joined Renee on the nursery floor, after setting up a new monitor that is designed to detect movement (or lack of). We had no idea how this device would work and if we could trust it. The next night Renee and I both moved to sleep in the bedroom right next to Connor's, while we got more comfortable with how (and if) this new monitor device would work. We've been there ever since. So far, the monitor seems to work. When movement stoppage is detected (presumably if a baby stopped breathing -- yes, it's THAT sensitive), the alarm will sound. We tested it with just our hand resting on the mattress. Once the hand was removed, the alarm sounded. Hopefully, we'll soon be able to move back into our master bedroom. We're not yet sure when that will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like...
- AUGUST 2010
- snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
- Gorgilla = Gorilla
- Oppopus = Octopus
1 comment:
James and I slept in the bedroom attached to Claire's for weeks! You'll get back to your bedroom again someday ... don't worry
Post a Comment