Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches
Monday, August 23, 2010
Potty training - Day 2...Better!
I went to bed feeling beaten up yesterday, so I was slightly dreading today, especially since Brad would be at work. Connor woke up around 8, but I intentionally waited until about 9am to take off of his diaper and put him into big boy panties so he would get his overnight pee out of his system. He definitely peed less this morning than he did yesterday and we got to celebrate the fact that he was keeping Diego (the underwear he chose) dry. We had a few accidents, but my goal became to get Connor to just sit on the potty. Pee or not. I finally started bribing him with jellly beans to sit on the potty. He probably would have sat there all day if I would have kept giving them to him, but I just let him get up after a few. A little while later I got him to sit for jelly beans again and I started taking his picture. He likes for me to turn the screen around so he can see himself so he got all caught up in making funny faces to the camera that he peed (a little bit) in the potty. I didn't know he was peeing when I took this picture, but he was! After we peed successfully I decided to pull out the monster trucks as an incentive for pooping IN the potty. I even set it on the counter to taunt him, but it will probably be a few days before he gets one of those. After his nap it was a bit like yesterday. He held it, danced, I begged and he had tons of accidents. He did pee in the potty two more times (once with jelly beans and the other with his undies on when Daddy moved him while he was already peeing). He also pooped in his underwear twice and didn't seem to mind it as much as the pee. As soon as he pees in his undies he starts freaking out, but he didn't when he pooped. Really hoping he wants the monster truck tomorrow! Might have to go digging in the new toy closet to see what else I can use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like...
- AUGUST 2010
- snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
- Gorgilla = Gorilla
- Oppopus = Octopus

1 comment:
wow! good job Connor!
Post a Comment