Connor is starting to form sentences these days. Sometimes two words. Sometimes more. Sometimes he just substitutes a slight grunt -- "uh" -- to take the place of the words or syllables he thinks belong in the sentence. For example, once he hears "Daddy going to work" enough times, he might say "Daddy uh uh work". Or we might hear "I want uh uh Lexi treat", instead of "I want to give Lexi a treat". But the longest we've heard contained no grunts, for he knew EXACTLY how to say the words -- "I want...yogurt, n-m's, crackers and cheese, milky, birthday cake!".
The other night, Renee was holding Connor and told him "Mommy sleepy". He immediately replied "Connor sleepy too", mimicking our speech patterns, and knowing what "too" meant. We thought that was so funny. He also, on occasion, babbles every word and name he knows, from all the Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba characters, to all of his friends at daycare, and anyone else he knows. This is done in rapid-succession, as if to make sure he "gets it all out" because he feels it building up inside of him. We haven't yet caught this on video, so Renee and I need to be on our guard the next few days with the camera.
Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like...
- AUGUST 2010
- snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
- Gorgilla = Gorilla
- Oppopus = Octopus
No comments:
Post a Comment