He also had a great time feeding the goats and the elk. Of course, he didn't want to get too close so he would hand me "food" (rocks and sticks, which I replaced with actual food) to feed the goats and there was a long feeding tube for the elk that Connor enjoyed sending pellets down. I don't think he realized that the elk were eating the pellets at the other end, but he had a great time putting them in the hole.
The zoo has a nice park that has swings and a castle-themed play area. Connor enjoyed swinging, running and playing!
Since we were leaving for Houston on the morning of Christmas Eve, I made Christmas pancakes on Wednesday morning. They didn't turn out too bad for my first try, but I think I'll turn down the griddle a little bit next time. :) Later that day, Connor received a gift from Holly, the lady he stays with while we are at work, so we let him practice opening presents.
On the morning of Christmas Eve, a blizzard was on it's way to the DFW area. Yes...the first white Christmas since 1926. Since we were heading to Houston, we wanted to make sure we got out before it hit, so we left early on Christmas Eve. It would have been great to see and I've been enjoying looking at lots of pictures from friends, but we definitely didn't want to drive in it. We got to my parent's house in the afternoon and Connor enjoyed looking at all of the "Sa-tees" and playing with a lot of my old Little People toys.
He opened one present on Christmas Eve (our Cashion-family tradition) and then went to sleep while Santa visited Grandma and Grandpa's house. He isn't old enough yet to understand, but that didn't stop him from appreciating what Santa left in his stocking and under the tree. We left Houston in the afternoon on Christmas day so we could be home for Christmas at our house that evening. We opened a few more presents and more stockings. Connor actually took the time to play with each of his presents instead of just ripping off the paper and moving to the next one.
1 comment:
I cant believe how big he is getting! He is so adorable! I am jealous your parents hung on to your old people toys! I LOVE LOVE that barn and all of the animals! We have the newer version for the boys.... which in my opinion does not compair to the orginal. I am so happy for you both! Connor is such a blessing and you can tell how much you both love him so much! Have a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment