Born: January 16th, 2008 at 5:43pm Weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces Length: 21 inches
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Connor's first road trip
Last week, Brad had to go to Houston for work. As it turns out, his client is only about 20 minutes from my parents house, so Connor and I decided to go with him. I was a bit hesitant at first because I knew it would be about a 5 hour drive and while Connor usually does great on short car rides, there was no turning back once we started on this one. As soon as we decided to make it a family trip, I started making lists of things to take. It's amazing how much stuff is needed for such a little person! My car was packed to the brim. After planning and packing for a couple of days, we got on the road on Sunday afternoon, only an hour after our target departure time. But we BOTH forgot one important thing! As we approached Centerville (about halfway), Brad asked if I needed to stop and since Connor was just about to start eating we decided to wait until Madisonville (about 35 miles farther) so we could burp and change him. Well...a few miles past Centerville, Brad points out that the gas light was on and didn't know how long it had been. I had him check the remaining distance and it was BLANK (zero!) and showed a big gas tank. I've never seen it at zero before, so we knew we were pushing it. Of course, there is NOTHING in between Centerville and Madisonville, so I just started praying. While it was a beautiful day, I didn't really want to push a stroller a few miles down the highway and we certainly weren't going to sit on the side of the road. Who knows how, but we made it to Madisonville and I was finally able to breathe. We stayed at the Omni hotel across from his client and Connor did great. He had a few fussy fits while I visited my parents and girlfriend, but he was great while we were in the hotel so we didn't disturb our neighbors. He also slept through the night every night. Maybe we wore him out during the day. I had originally planned to have my parents bring Connor and me home, but we ended up staying through Friday. He was just as good on the way home even though we ran right into Dallas traffic. Our first road trip with Connor went really well and we look forward to taking him on many family trips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like...
- AUGUST 2010
- snuppaguckalus = Snuffleupagus
- Gorgilla = Gorilla
- Oppopus = Octopus
No comments:
Post a Comment